How do I know if my house is in need of underpinning?

If your house is built on a concrete slab and you notice the following symptoms then you should definitely have an inspection by a professional:

  • Sloping floors
  • Doors not closing properly
  • Windows not closing properly
  • Gaps under doors
  • Cracks in the walls
  • Cracks in exterior brickwork, particularly around windows

If you notice any of the above signs, the earlier you get your house attended to the better. Don’t wait until the damage becomes severe or you may end up spending thousands more than you could have.


Underpinning schematicsWhat’s the difference between underpinning, reblocking or restumping?

Firstly, underpinning is only required on a house built on a slab. Underpinning refers to securing the foundations of the house beneath the slab.

Reblocking and restumping refer to improving the sub floor foundations of a house built on stumps, most commonly a weatherboard style house. If you are in need of Melbourne reblocking or restumping services click here.


Do you offer a guarantee?

We offer a 15 year guarantee on all our work.


Are you licensed?

Yes, we are a Master Builder, number 317346 and a Registered Building Practitioner DBL 28187. Beware of cowboys in this industry.


Do I have to move out of my home while you work?

No, in almost all cases our work methods save you the inconvenience of moving out of your home while we work.


How long does it take?

In almost all cases, we are in and out in less than a week.