Happy New Year From VIC Underpinners!January 13, 2020
Happy 2020! ‘Tis the season to be as excited as possible about the coming year. There’s so much that we have to be grateful for and we much that we’re looking forward to. The New Year always seems like a bonus holiday and one that sets us up for success. You might have had the worst year ever in 2019, but who cares. You might have had the best year ever in 2019, and will carry that momentum into this year. Either way, the team at VIC Underpinners thinks that it’s a good time to stop, slow down and take a minute. We’re not talking about meditation or yoga. We’re talking about self-evaluation. We’re recommending that you set aside some time for yourself to think through what went as well as it could have and what you would like to adjust this year.
We’re sure that you did some awesome things. You may have climbed a mountain, knitted a sweater, tried out a yoga class or done a really cool project on your home. The last, obviously, is the one that we’re most partial to. We can’t help it, we’re passionate about the projects that you do on your home that make you smile at the end of the day. We’re equally as excited when we meet fellow members of the community who care just as much as we do about making your house the very best place that it can be. That’s why you’ll never find a shortage of information on this site and that’s not going to change any time soon.
Here are some inspirational thoughts and quotes – regardless of if you’re a business owner or someone who is just excited to seize the day – to ensure that your 2020 is your best year yet:
- There are two types of people who will tell you that you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are afraid to try, and those who are afraid you will succeed.”– Ray Goforth
- “People who succeed have momentum. The more they succeed, the more they want to succeed, and the more they find a way to succeed. Similarly, when someone is failing, the tendency is to get on a downward spiral that can even become a self-fulfilling prophecy.”– Tony Robbins
- “Develop an ‘attitude of gratitude.’ Say thank you to everyone you meet for everything they do for you.” – Brian Tracy
- “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” — Steve Jobs
- “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.” – Sara Blakely
Each of these bears different significance to our teammates and we hope that they drive you to start 2020 as your best year yet. Come back and visit us soon!